Tuesday 12 March 2013



I have chosen to study Jen Rinaldi because her photographs show the beautiful side of death. I think they show this because the statues she photographs are beautiful but they are put in a place that some people hat to go to.

This photograph is of a statue that has been made to look like a woman holding a small child. Behind the statue is a soft toy from the T.V show Spongebob Squarepants. I think the mood that this photograph gives of is happiness. Seeing a gravestone of a loved one would obviously make someone upset but the statue would make it seem less depressing, but I think that the toy was put on the statue by a child, seeing this on a gravestone of a loved one would cheer me up.

The statue is the main focus of the photograph, it’s not till the whole photograph is looked at till you see the toy which is obviously a surprise. The photograph isn’t very colourful, even the toy is quite dirty even though it should be bright yellow.  I think that this photograph seems to brighten up a horrible subject and this is the element I would like to take from this photographer.

I really like this photograph because a toy isn't something you would see on a statue in a graveyard. I really hate the T.V show Spongebob Squarepants but i think that a child putting one of their toys on a gravestone statue of someone they know is a very beautiful idea.

1 comment:

  1. Good Conor, you are up to date with your research and anaylsis. Many of your comments are thoughtful and insightful. Looking forward to seeing your responses

    ReplyDelete